Last updated: September 1, 2022
ESSTART ("Company" or "We") respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit ESSTART’s beta website and platform, found at www.esstart.com (our "Platform"), register as a beta host user or beta guest user (“User”) and to access and use ESSTART beta products (our “Products”). In addition, this policy also describes our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
• On this Platform.
• In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Platform. • When you interact with third-party websites and services.
• Through Google Analytics.
It does not apply to information collected by:
• Us offline or through any other means, including on any other Platform operated by the Company or any third party; or
• Any third party, including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from or through the Platform.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Platform, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Platform, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or username you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at data firstname.lastname@example.org.
California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about our Users, including information:
• By which you may be personally identified, such as name, email address, telephone number, email address, personal photograph, ("personal information");
• About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Platform, and usage details.
We collect this information:
• Directly from you when you provide it to us.
• Automatically as you navigate through the site and register as a User. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Platform may include:
• Information that you provide by registering as a User on our Platform. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Platform.
• Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us.
• Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
• Details of transactions you carry out through our Platform and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before purchasing a Product through our Platform.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Platform or transmitted to other users of the Platform or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users of the Platform with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Google Analytics
As you navigate through and interact with our Platform, we or Google may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
• Details of your visits to our Platform, including and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Platform.
• Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information. It helps us to improve our Platform and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
• Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
• Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Platform according to your individual interests.
• Speed up your searches.
• Recognize you when you return to our Platform.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
• Web Beacons. Pages of our Platform and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related Platform statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Platform content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources, or you provide to us.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
• To present our Platform and its content to you.
• To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us. • To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
• To provide you with notices about your user registration.
• To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
• To notify you about changes to our Platform.
• To promote ESSTART’s Platform and Products to future Users.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Platform.
• In any other way we may describe when you provide the information. • For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
• On an anonymized basis to persons or business entities interested in learning about ESSTART’s Platform and Products for promotional and educational purposes.
• To third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
• To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of ESSTART's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by ESSTART about our Platform users is among the assets transferred.
• For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information. • With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
• To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
• To enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
• If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of ESSTART, our members and guests, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address used by the Company to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com.
• If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's Platform.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Platform and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Platform, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Platform. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Platform.